ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR ALINA JĘDRZEJCZAK - HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICAL METHODS
Income distribution, inequality and poverty; survey sampling; small area estimation.
Descriptive Statistics; Mathematical Statistics; Survey Sampling Techniques; Financial Mathematics; Statistical Market Analysis; Evaluation in Social Policy.
SCIENTIFIC DEGREES AND TITLES:
- PhD in Economics, Dissertation: “Statistical Analysis of Wage and Income Distribution and Inequality” , University of Lodz, 1999,
- Habilitation in Economics: “Methods of Income Distribution and Income Inequality Evaluation”, University of Lodz, 2012.
POSITIONS AND FUNCTIONS HELD AT THE UNIVESITY OF ŁÓDŹ:
- Assistant Professor: University of Lodz, Institute of Statistics and Demography, Chair of Statistical Methods, 1990-2011
- Associate Professor: Institute of Statistics and Demography, University of Lodz, Chair of Statistical Methods, since 2012
- Foreign consultant at the University of Milan- Bicocca, Department of Economics, Management and Statistics.
- Consultant in the “Mathematical Statistics Centre” of Statistical Office in Lodz, since 2000
- President of the Polish Statistical Association - Regional Branch in Lodz, since 2009
- Head of the Department of Statistical Methods, since 2015
MEMBER OF EDITORIAL BOARDS:
- Statistica & Applicazioni (The journal founded in 2003 by the departments belonging to different Italian Universities: University of Brescia; University of Milano-Bicocca; University of Milano-Bicocca; University of Bergamo; University of Calabria; University of Palermo; Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan. University of Brescia).
- Folia Oeconomica Acta Universitatis Lodziensis (Journal of the University of Lodz)
- Jędrzejczak A. (2010); Decomposition Analysis of Income Inequality in Poland by Subpopulations and Factor Components, Argumenta Oeconomica 1(24), pp. 109-123
- Jędrzejczak A. (2011); Metody analizy rozkładów dochodów i ich koncentracji, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, Łódź.
- Jędrzejczak A. (2012); Estimation of Standard Errors of Selected Income Concentration Measures on the Basis of Polish HBS, International Advances in Economic Research 18(3),pp. 287-297, Springer.
- Jędrzejczak A. , Kubacki J. (2013); Estimation of Income Inequality and Poverty in Poland by Region and Family Type, Statistics in Transition 13(3), pp. 359-378.
- Jędrzejczak, A., (2014); Income Inequality and Income Stratification in Poland, Statistics in Transition, 15 (2), pp. 269-283;
- Jędrzejczak, A., (2015), Regional Income Inequalities in Poland and Italy, Comparative Economic Research 18(4), pp. 27-45.
- Jedrzejczak, A., (2015), Asymptotic Properties of Some Estimators for Gini and Zenga Inequality Measures: a Simulation Study, Statistica & Applicazioni, Vol. XIII, pp. 143-162.
- Jędrzejczak, A., Kubacki J., (2016), Small Area Estimation of Income Under Spatial SAR Model, Statistics in Transition, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 365–390.
- Jędrzejczak A., Kubacki J. , Domański Cz.(2017); Estimation of Income Inequality and Poverty Indicators at the Sub-National Level, [in:] Quality of Life and Spatial Cohesion Development and Well-Being in the Local Context, red. Graham Kalton, Filomena Maggino, pp. 101-136
- Jędrzejczak A., Kubacki J. (2017); Estimation of Small Area Characteristics using Multivariate Rao-Yu Model, Statistic in Transition, 18 (4) pp. 725-742
- Jędrzejczak A., Zenga M. , Valli I. (2017), Contributions from Macro-Regions and from Income Components to the Zenga Index: An Application to Data from Poland and Italy, [in:] CLADAG Book of Short Papers, red. Francesca Greselin and Francesco Mola, Milano.